Grace and peace be unto you.
1. For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall. (1 Peter 1:24).
2. Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12).
3. Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. (Ecclesiastes 12:13).
4. Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place. (Psalm 51:6).
5. I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’ (Isaiah 46:10).
6. All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. (Ecclesiastes 3:20).
7. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:21).
8. So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 8:15).
9. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. (Romans 14:17).
10. I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. (Jeremiah 31:3).
Heavenly Father, thank you for reminding us that our days are finite. Help us to serve you the rest of our days. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Scriptures are taken from the New International Version.