Grace and peace be unto you.
The story is told that after the death of Moses, God appointed Joshua as the leader of the Israelites. He encouraged Joshua by telling him that he was with him. Nonetheless, he further advised him to meditate on his word day and night in order to successfully complete his divine assignments (Joshua 1:1-9). Joshua obeyed and gradually his thoughts and ways were replaced by God’s. With time, he developed God’s mindset.
God has chosen us to be his light in this world (Matthew 5:14). He desires that we complete our divine appointments and finish well (1 Corinthians 9:24). Interestingly, the instruction he gave to Joshua is relevant to us today. He is with us but we must meditate on his word daily in order to fulfill our purpose. When we meditate on his word, we develop his mindset and can discern his will in every situation.
7 Bible Verses to help you develop Christ’s Mindset.
1. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. (Colossians 3:2).
2. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13).
3. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. (Philippians 4:8).
4. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. (Romans 8:7).
5. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16).
6. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8).
7. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and love your neighbor as yourself. (Luke 10:27).
Heavenly Father, please grant us the desire and discipline to develop the mindset of Christ. In Jesus’ name, amen.