Grace and peace be unto you.
“After the Lord had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has” (Job 42:7).
The story is told that Job was a wealthy man who lost all his wealth in one day. His three friends, Bildad, Zophar, and Eliphaz heard about his misfortune and went to comfort him. Unfortunately, Eliphaz told him that his afflictions were a direct consequence of God’s wrath and those who are innocent always prospers. God was displeased with the statement because it was not a reflection of him. Hence, he instructed Eliphaz to make a sacrificial offering and have Job pray for him. (Job 1-42).
What is the truth about God? What should we say about him?
1. The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made. (Psalm 145:9).
2. He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities. (Psalm 103:10).
3. God is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. (2 Thessalonians 3:3).
4. He will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19).
5. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:13).
6. For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child. (Hebrews 12:16).
7. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16).
8. Our God is in heaven; he does whatever pleases him. (Psalm 115:3).
9. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. (Revelation 22:13).
Heavenly Father, please forgive me for the times I have not spoken the truth about you. Likewise, forgive my fellow brothers and sisters who have committed the same sin. In Jesus’ name, amen.