Grace and peace be unto you.
1. Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. (Proverbs 27:2).
2. So that, as it is written, Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord. (1 Corinthians 1:31).
3. As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. (James 4:16).
4. This is what the Lord says: Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight, declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 9:23-24).
5. Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. (Proverbs 27:1).
6. For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it? (1 Corinthians 4:7).
7. If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. (2 Corinthians 11:30).
8. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
9. Like clouds and wind without rain is a man who boasts of a gift he does not give. (Proverbs 25:14).
10. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant. (1 Corinthians 13:4).
Heavenly Father, thanks for your lovingkindness, help us to boast in you. In Jesus’ name, amen.