Grace and peace be unto you.
1. Don’t put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there (Psalm 146:3).
2. But Jesus didn’t trust them, because he knew all about people (John 2:24).
3. This is what the Lord says: Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the Lord (Jeremiah 17:5).
4. Put no trust in a neighbor; have no confidence in a friend; guard the doors of your mouth from her who lies in your arms; (Micah 7:8).
5. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man (Psalm 118:8).
6. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).
7. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! (Psalm 40:4).
8. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness (Psalm 37:3).
9. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act (Psalm 37:5).
10. Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me (John 14:1).
11. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose trust is the Lord. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit (Jeremiah 17:7-8).
Heavenly Father, please help us to trust you more each day. In Jesus’s Name, Amen.